Real Racing 2 is the most exhilarating handheld racing experience.
It is available on the App Store for US$6.99 / £3.99 / €5.49 / AU$8.99 / ¥800.
Real Racing 2 features include:
16 Car Grid
Real Racing 2 features an incredible 16 car grid for authentic pack racing action, the first time this has been achieved on iOS. In single-player games against computer controlled (AI) opponents, there is no “rubber banding” – you will have a genuine racing experience, and will compete against AIs driving the same cars you can drive, with the same performance characteristics. Online races are also for up to 16 auto-matched players, with Game Center invitations coming in the first update.
5 Game Modes
Real Racing 2 offers 5 game modes:
- Career Mode (see above)
- Quick Race: perfect for honing your skills, getting to know a new car, or racing just for fun. Choose from any of the tracks you’ve unlocked in Career Mode, and any of the cars in your garage. Select whether you’d like to race against opponents or just against the clock, the number of laps and the difficulty setting.
- Time Trial: take the Time Trial challenge when you’re ready to go for a new personal best on one of the tracks you’ve unlocked. You can turn on the “ghost” of your previous personal best to race against, and submit your best times to the global leaderboards. Upload video replays of your best laps to YouTube.
- Local Multiplayer: race against other players over a local WiFi network in an 8 car grid.
- Online multiplayer: auto-matched online races for up to 16 players.
If you collide with other cars or the trackside barrier, your car may take visual damage. If the damage is extensive enough, side mirrors and front and rear bumpers can fall off completely, or drag along until they take another impact
Online Save Game
Save game data is stored online with your game identity, so if you need to reinstall the app or buy a new device, you can restore it and pick up right where you left off including all your game progress.
Game Center and Cloudcell integration
Achievements and Leaderboards feature Game Center support, or can be viewed within Real Racing 2 without Game Center. For players who do not have Game Center, accounts are managed via Firemint’s Cloudcell technology. If you have Game Center, then each account has its own profile and save game with achievements and game progression, so you can switch between multiple profiles on the one device.
HUD With Minimap
The Head Up Display shows current position, number of laps completed, assists enabled (if any), current speed and elapsed time, as well as a minimap showing the track layout in the immediate vicinity and the locations of nearby competitors. The HUD can be turned on or off in Game Settings.
5 Camera Angles and TV Style Replays
While racing, you can choose from 5 different camera angles: 3D Cockpit Camera, Chase Camera, Far Chase Camera, Front Bumper Camera and Bonnet Camera. Replays feature TV race coverage style camera angles, or you can change to any of the five Cameras.
Powered by Mint3D
The cutting edge graphics and physics in Real Racing 2 are powered by Firemint’s exclusive high performance Mint3D™ engine – optimized to push OpenGL ES2 and retina display technology to the limit, and finetuned for the best experience on older devices.
- Download file size: approx 303MB
- Expanded file size: approx 600MB
- Supported devices: All iPhone and iPod Touch devices
- Supported OS: 3.1 and newer